Welcome to Schott Farms Seed! I wanted to tell you a little bit about us and why we’re here.
Schott Farms is a 4th generation family farm in South Central North Dakota. We are a grain farm who has also been in the seed business for over 30 years. This is where I come in. I took over the seed business several years ago and hope to continue operating it for the next 30+ years.
Some quick facts about us:
- We have been selling seed in the area since 1976, when Bart purchased a local seed cleaning elevator operation.
- Our company started as a Sigco Seed dealer, selling primarily sunflowers. I remember unloading trucks of sunflower seed bags and restacking them by hand with my friend in high school. It was a great workout, but times have changed!
- Sigco was bought out by Mycogen, and we became a Mycogen dealer, selling corn, soybeans, and sunflowers in our area.
- Several years ago, we added Peterson Farms Seed to our lineup. We love working with a family-owned, farmer focused group like PFS.
- Bart is a past-president of the National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) and was once named one of the Top 10 most influential leaders in agriculture by Crop Life Magazine. He was on that list next to people like Ag Secretary Vilsack and the CEO of Monsanto! We take that national industry experience and apply it to our seed business and farm practices.
What can we do for you?
As a grower, we will provide you top-notch products and services, backed by our values and mission which is to serve growers with integrity, value, and quality in mind. That means we will treat you honestly, and make recommendations that make sense for our area and will help increase your yield. We are also looking for new innovations in ag services, products, and technology that you can use.
As a food consumer, we would love to have you join our conversation about issues that matter. We’re proud to produce food for our nation and world, and strive to do so in a way that is ethical, and environmentally responsible. Come join the conversation! Ask questions, read the articles, share ideas with us.